Generator Installation and Repairs in New Orleans, LA and Surrounding Areas
When the electricity goes out in New Orleans, make sure you’re prepared to weather the storm with your own generator. Being prepared means protecting your home and family from loss due to burst pipes, mold and mildew buildup, loss of refrigerator and food, and ensures your sump pump will work continuously.
Before a technician comes to your home to discuss a generator, consider:
- What appliances, lights or medical equipment need to operate in an emergency?
- What items normally run at the same time? For example, people usually run their air conditioner and refrigerator at the same time.
- Is an air conditioner on your list? Air conditioners are often the largest electrical load and usually determine the size of generator you need.
Types of Generators
No matter your requirements, there are generators that can fit your needs.
- Portable generator (You can purchase a portable generator and a bunch of extension cords). This generator stays in storage until needed. The most important thing to remember with this generator is that it needs to be run OUTSIDE, with access to fresh air. Every year people die from carbon monoxide poisoning due to portable generators, and Trinity Electricians want to ensure your family’s continued health and safety.
- Portable generator with a manual transfer panel (This is the best option if you have a portable generator). Trinity Electricians can install a manual transfer panel and a remote connection box for the generator, and will tie the loads into the panel.
- Permanently installed automatic generator. Critical loads (Good option, budget pricing). An automatic critical loads system senses the loss, powers the generator and restores power to the critical loads you’ve already determined, making this an affordable option.
- Permanently installed automatic generator. I want it all!! (Great option, most expensive). We had a customer tell us to size his generator so that if his wife wanted to cook a 5 course meal while drying her hair and watching TV during a power outage. We can size the unit so that it will run it all. The power goes out, the power comes on it’s that simple.
Regular Generator Maintenance
Once your generator is installed, regular maintenance will keep it going for years. Call Trinity Electricians to make sure everything is running smoothly, and ensure your peace of mind. We deliver quality customer service with every service call, and can be onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.